Saturday, August 05, 2006

Controversy..

Obviously played at the venetian last night. It was a roller coaster all night. I was down then up then down then up again. I just couldn't stay in one consistent path. I had my QQ cracked by 99, then QJ cracked my JJ. Those were all ins pre flop when the other players had only about 30-40 bucks behind.

A little vietnamese man came to the table and was stacked the 2nd hand he played. I gave him more chips a few hands later..he was the one who had 9s and cracked my queens. I raised utg and he came over the top for a raise so i just put him all in. That's not where the story is though.

I had limped from the sb with A4o to see a flop and it came A A 3 with 2 clubs. I bet out 10 bucks into a 20 dollar pot to see where i was at and the newcomer called. The turn was an 8. I bet out 20 bucks and he re raised to 60. I was pretty sure i was ahead considering how this guy has been playing. Now right before the river hit the felt he said "I go all in". So the river was a queen of diamonds but i still thought i had the best hand. So i say out loud "You acted out of turn, but i call anyway". I push my stack into the middle and flip over my cards showing what i had. The guy says "what are you doing you cant do that". I go "um sir you said, you're all in". I turn to the dealer and ask her if she heard the same and she said, "yes he said he was all in".

To make a long story short, the gentleman to his left said that he did indeed say "no all in". It doesnt matter though. All the dealer heard was all in and the rule for The Venetian card room states that out of turn verbal comments are binding. So he was forced to pay me. He shouldnt be saying anything referring to being all in because of things like that. He flipped over T8c for the flush draw and said "do you really think i would go all in with that". I semi-politely said "Sir, this is poker...the cards are irrelevant" So that was the end of that...And besides that bastard sucked out on me before, he had it coming hehe.

Days in Vegas: 9
Net Winnings Today: $100
Net Winnings Total: $2676

3 comments:

lucko said...

Yo, I will be playing in the Venitian's $500 tourney today. If you are over there come find me. I have a green Jets shirt on.

trixter23 said...

Oh god damnit, why did i wait till 5:46am sunday morning to read this...I didn't get there till 7 or i would have come up and played in it..howd u do?

lucko said...

16th, out of the money though.