Sunday, August 06, 2006

Good and Bad

Unfortunately i didnt have a great day today either. I made a sick play on a guy i have been playing with the last week or so the 3rd hand i played when i sat down. The flop came 2 4 5. I had the 56 after he raised pre flop to 12 bucks. Yea i know its a loose call, but i felt like making a play, what do you want. There were 2 diamonds on the board so i checked. He over bet the pot and bet 30 dollars. I flat called looking to make a play on this guy, NOT because i had top pair..he obv had a little bit better hand then i did. I knew he wasnt the type of player to bet into his flush draws. The turn brought a brick i checked again and he bet out 60 dollars. I flat called again. The river brought the King of Diamonds. Wow i couldnt ask for anything more perfect. I go all in and he yells out loud in his thick english accent "why does everyone hit there draws on me" and throws his cards away. I flip over the 56o and raked the pot. He was stunned but said "nice play". You damn right it was!

Well then later on a Q 8 6 board, and 35 dollars in a pot, he checked from the sb, UTG + 2 bet 30 and i re raised to 95 with KK. He was in the sb and quickly shoved his chips in. UTG+2 folds and its 42 more to me and i call. He says i have the best hand at hte moment. turn and river both come JJ and he flips over 9T for the double gutshot straight draw. Sigh..2nd bad beat in 2 weeks.

When it was all said and done i was down $150 in poker and tried to make it back on the big wheel with black and red spaces they call roulette. I lost $200 and was quickly on my way. I've been good on staying away from the viruses they call blackjack and roulette. If i ever want to move out here and try and make it just playing poker, thats something i cant do.

I went back later on and was up $100, so i was only down a quarter of a buy-in for the day, but down another $200 in roulette. That goes in the tally also.

Days in Vegas: 10
Net Winnings Today: (-$250)
Net Winnings Total : $2426

No comments: