Friday, August 04, 2006

Madness last night

I made out very well last night. I got over to the venetian around 7pm. I sat down and didnt recognize any of the players at my table again. As the night progressed a few people i knew started to show up. The first 3 hours didnt go my way at all. I wasn't hitting flops, and i had to lay down a few hands against weaker players because i didnt know how they played at all.

So i decided to take a break and go to the Grand Lux Cafe to get something to eat. I could have gotten table side service, but it was in my best interest to go there for a few reasons. 1) I like a change of scenery. 2) i didnt want to fug up the cards or the chips. 3) I dont like watching other people eat meals at the table, so i would assume some people dont like watching others eat also.

I returned around 10:30 after eating a terrific steak and was feeling refreshed. As i was about to sit down there were 2 kids from denmark about to take a seat to. One of them was directly to my right and i started up a little conversation with him. It seemed that he and his buddies were out here for the series and played 10/20 and 25/50 on all the very small european sites that are out there. They were playing the 100/200 mixed game last night and decided they just wanted to have a little bit of fun.

They continously were pushing all in with 34 and other ridiculous hands because the money just wasnt an issue with them. I doubled up my stack when a guy called my all in with a flush draw and missed. That was the only time i could reap the benefits of them because they moved to a table which had all their buddies on it except for 2 or 3 people. All during the night they would have swarms of people lurking around their table since they were going all in pre flop every hand. Each pot was around 2-3k and they easily had 10k on the table in a 1-2 game lol.

Antonio Esfandiari briefly made an appearance and walked around the venetian poker room to check it out. Then Bill Gazes actually sat at our 1-2 table with his buddy who was learning the game. Gazes was hammered and didnt play a hand, his buddy broke even after a little while.

I caught another little nice pot when there was a straddle and a raise to 10 bucks with 5 callers. I called with 7s 8s and flopped a straight. A guy hit a set on the turn that only improved my straight and i felted him. Then really late around 5 am, i made a guy fold JJ on a Q J 5 Q board when he thought i had quads. I played it really scary he said. He was hammered and also from sweden. I had raised pre flop with AQ to 12 bucks and he re raised to 40. I flat called and we saw a flop. I bet out 14 dollars to see what he was going to do and was dumbfounded. He flat called and said the only thing that beats me is queens. The turn brought a 3rd queen and i just went all in. He had about 300 behind but i didn't think he was going to call. He indeed let it go and said wow i cant believe im laying this down, but you have quad queens so w/e. If i had that he was losing the whole way. So i threw over the one queen, and then the ace and he was disgusted.

At that point i had a little over $1200 in front of me so i decided to leave at about 6:12 am.

Days in Vegas: 8
Net Winnings Today: $854
Net Winnings Total: $2576

No comments: