Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 2

I woke up around 1pm vegas time(4 est) and was just lounging around for a little bit. Grabbed a quick shower and went to get some groceries at Albertsons and got some lunch. My cousin had to go to the Rio at 6 for work so i thought i would leave a little bit before him and head on over and admire the debaccle they call the Main Event. Reading the updates in the morning they said they were going to have around 500 alternates each first day. That adds up to about 10k people, if the max of 2000 people was reached each day.

As i reached the Amazon Room i just happened to notice Layne Flack 2 tables from the rail. He had a very low chip stack and was looking very bored. He also didnt look to fond of the railers. A couple tables down, a table directly on the rail i found Minh Ly. He played a couple of hands when i was there and surprisingly got bullied out of all of them. I walked to the ESPN Feature table and Scotty Nguyen was there, but i just kept walking. And after about 30 minutes i was bored and wanted to play, so i headed over to The Venetian.

I sat down at another 1/2 NL table and recognized a kid that i played with last night and got into some chit chat with him. I was playin the same as last night and was gettin a feel for my table. 2 to my left was a laggy asian kid. He liked to 3 bet with nothing a lot, but stayed unpredictable and was quite crafty.

I wasnt winning any pots and had about $165 in my stack when i picked up AK in the sb. There were 5 limpers in the pot and i wanted to take the pot down right there since i was OOP so i made it $17 to go. The laggy asian kid(we'll use lak) was the only caller and we see a flop. It comes Ah 4d 6h. Nice flop for me. I bet out $40 into the $46 dollar pot or so and he flat calls. So im yelling black in my head. Turn comes 4c, which is a great card. I lead out and go all in, or so i thought. I forgot i had a $5 chip capped on my cards so i had 5 bones left over. After about a minute and a half he calls. The Qc comes on the river and i throw my last 5 in the pot and he goes "I think i just caught it". So im thinking he had QQ, well no he flips over AQ for the rivered better 2 pair....wonderful. So me being the person that i am, i threw a small fit about him calling 100 dollars on the turn with AQ. He kept saying sorry every 3 and a half seconds and i told him it was no problem to shut him up after a while.

Of course i reload to $200 to win my money back. Some interesting hands occured that i took note of. You always have to be paying attention. I picked up some great info on a player which later helped me rake a HUGE pot. This guy across from me in a yellow cap was just awful. But he was aggressive and was able to push people out of a lot of pots. There were 2 hands in particular. The one time he was on the button and the cutoff made it 15 to go. He re-pops to 40 and the cutoff pushes in for about $120 total. He calls after thinking for literally 3 seconds. The cutoff shows AA and he shows the J9o. Well i think we know whats coming. Flop 7 8 T. Yep you saw that correctly. He takes it down when the guy fails to catch runner runner. Another hand comes by where there is a 3 way all in and it is obvious the other 2 guys have AA and KK, which they did, but it has them both covered and shows A7s. Flops the 2 spades and gets there on the turn. I was dieing of laughter and could not wait to catch this guy.

Then it came. With 5 limpers i get AK in the sb yet again and make it $15 to go. The LAK folds and it goes to the Psycho who goes all in for $233 total. Everyone folds to me and im like, what is going on here. I tell the dealer im gonna need a few minutes because this was a huge pot. I start talkin to him to get some info and i ask what you have J9 again? He goes you have to pay to find out brotha. $233 is a lot of money for AK pre flop. This isnt a tournament its a cash game. He could have a low pp like 66 or 77. I thought at WORST i was a 60-40 dog. So after about 4 minutes of thinking i put my $233 in the pot(i had him covered by about 45 bucks) and he flips over Ah 7h. Flop comes 6c Qh 3d, Turn 6h, and at that point i say out loud, you have got to be kidding. River...8....spades. I didnt go nuts i said yessssss and said nh and sat back down. After that hand i finally got into a groove and ended the night up $185. From being down $225 and then fighting back and making a profit was great. It's 5:37am and its time for bed.

Days in Vegas: 2
Net Winnings Today: $185
Net Winnings Total: $770

No comments: