Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend action

Nothing big to report over the weekend as far as wins. I've mainly been playing a gazillion SNG's. Im tryin to find a level that is going to be profitable and that i can consistently beat. The $10 level ive been absolutely crushing. Out of 25 sng's my ROI is 67% and im ITM 58% of the time. You really cant base anything on 25 sng's but that is pretty damn good. The $20 level i can beat easily as well, but i've found i can only play 2 or 3 of those at a time. I have to concentrate a little more. Even though i have the BR for it, i haven't dabbled in the $30 sng's which i hope to do.

Saturday night i played in my home game. Everything was goin good, got paid off with 2 full houses and made a couple nice calls. Blinds were getting a little high and a kid who i havent played with before raised it up. Blinds were 200/400 and he made it 1000 to go. We started with 10k in chips and at the time i had about 14k. I looked down and i had two red aces. I reached for my chips and shawn, who was next to me, said stop. I'm like uh why. He goes "because i have 3 cards". As soon as i saw that i almost puked. He was in mid position so it screwed with everyone elses cards. The hand was declared dead and we were going to re-deal. I just shook my head and threw over my aces. The guy who raised next to me had Queens. Little things like that can turn the night around like that. A few bad calls later and i was done.

Sunday i played in the 2nd annual WBCOOP(World Bloggers Championship of Online Poker). For the first hour, it was me and another guy and that was it. Everyone else was sitting out. So we took turns raising and at the end of the first hour i had about 9k in chips. When we actually had to play poker it was horrible. In one instance i tried to push someone off a hand and they called all the way down. Lucko21 found out the same thing a little later in the tourney. I busted out 230th of 2247. Top 54 i believe got prizes.

Later that night, i dabbled into a $5 MTT. This was an interesting hand and explanation from my opponent that utterly lead to my demise. Stacks looked like this.

Seat 1: dinosaur7 (2270 in chips)
Seat 2: trixter23 (1760 in chips)
Seat 3: sosumome (5420 in chips)
Seat 4: wdprsns (4575 in chips)
Seat 5: nuuuuubie (5375 in chips)
Seat 6: elk_metal (4775 in chips)
Seat 7: frenzykid (1265 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: quiltyf (3615 in chips)
Seat 9: indyo (1515 in chips) is sitting out
indyo: posts small blind 50
dinosaur7: posts big blind 100

UTG i pick up [Ac Kd] and raise it up 300 to 400 total. Normally i wouldnt raise UTG with AK i usually fold since im oop, but im getting short stacked and up to this point i havent had anything to play with. Everyone folds to the BB who flat calls my raise. The flop comes

*** FLOP *** [3c 5d 6c]

I totally missed the flop, but i make a continuation bet. I want to take this pot down right now.

dinosaur7: checks
trixter23: bets 600
dinosaur7: calls 600

Now, there was 850 in the pot and i bet 600. I don't him drawing to anything and if he re raises i know im beat. The smooth call kind of confused me. It was a quick call also which means he could have had something like pocket 4's, and he was drawin to a straight, or he could have had a flush draw. The turn comes.

*** TURN *** [3c 5d 6c] [9h]

This is where i probably made my mistake on this hand. He checks and i check behind. If i bet here and he was on a draw, or possibly go all in he is folding. Then again we are playing in a $5 dollar tournament and if he has anything hes calling.

dinosaur7: checks
trixter23: checks

*** RIVER *** [3c 5d 6c 9h] [Jh]

The river comes Jh. He kind of thinks about it a couple seconds, then throws out 100 chips. So im guessin he had AJ or KJ or somethin and hit his jack. It was 100 chips to win 2050, so i make the call. I was shocked when i saw his cards.

dinosaur7: shows [3s Qc] (a pair of Threes)
trixter23: mucks hand
trixter23 said, "oh my"

So lets see. He's calling my raise OOP with Q3?!? Then on the flop calling 600 with bottom pair? He wasnt drawing anything, why didnt he just raise or go all in like the rest of the donks. So me being the good guy that i am start the conversation.

trixter23 said, "hey lets call raises with q3 woooooo"
dinosaur7 said, "lol"
dinosaur7 said, "ok"
dinosaur7 said, "take it it was AK......played terribly"
trixter23 said, "AK isnt aces"
dinosaur7 said, "or AQ...."
dinosaur7 said, "er......good point........well noticed"
dinosaur7 said, "if u had gone all in u woulda won........do it with A7 but not AK......." ( 2 hands later i pushed with A7 because no one opened and i was in the cutoff with 5 bb's so i moved all in)
dinosaur7 said, "interesting"
trixter23 said, "are u dumb?"
trixter23 said, "why would i go all in with AK and nothing on the board?
trixter23 said, "im short stacked i have 5 bb's"
trixter23 said, "why wouldnt i with an ace"
trixter23 said, "just like im doing now"
trixter23: raises 435 to 535 and is all-in
dinosaur7 said, "no i read u like a book....and not a very good book"

That last hand i had AJ and lost to A3. But it just goes to show how people think AK is like AA or KK, it STILL NEEDS HELP PEOPLE!

I thought that hand was funny.

Anyway, next weekend im heading down to AC to play a little bit. Pick on the bad players in 1/2 and maybe dabble in 2/5 a little bit depending on how im doing. I love playing cash games 10x better than online. For multiple reasons.

1) I actually get to see what my players look like. Girls/guys..young/old...etc etc. It all makes a difference

2) They are 10x easier to read then trying to pick up betting patterns.

3) I absolutely love the opening raises live. Online its the usual 2x or 3x raise. Live its 15x the blind. It's great.

Plus they're many other reasons but those are the main ones. I'll definitely have some news about that when i get back. Other then that, i have nothing.

Good luck to everyone at the tables

No comments: