Tuesday, September 18, 2007

AC Report and Cash Game Hand

We were only going to be down in AC for a day, and not a full one at that, so we really had to maximize our time for playing. We all played the $65 Showboat tourney, which is a bigger minefield than any online tourney. That day it wasn't much different. The structure is really accelerated to the point where you're only playing 2 levels before you start to get under 15bb's. You get T10,000 chips to start with, but the blinds start at 50/100. Unfortunately, we started 11 handed, which is absolutely ridiculous. I played 0, count em, 0 hands the first level. I was just pretty much card dead, and I wasn't in the mood to try and outplay these people, cuz they are just not going to fold. The 3rd hand into the 2nd level, I pick up KK utg and raise it up to 600. I get 4 callers and we see a flop of.

Jd Tc 3h

This is as good as I can get a flop for having 4 callers. I fire in a little over 2/3 the pot which was 17 or 1800 i forget and get 1 caller.

As

Comes on the turn. I thought if he was cold calling with a Jack here, he might let go of his hand to a 2 barrel. If not, I have 4 outs to a straight, and 2 more to a King if he isn't on a straight draw. I bet 2000, and he calls again.

9h

Is the river card. In my estimation this was a brick, because if he had KQ I would have saw a raise on the turn w/out a doubt. I check over to him, not wanting to get raised. He throws a single 1k chip in the middle. With so much money in the pot I looked him up and he flips over..

AQhh

Love it. The very next hand UTG raises to 800 pre flop and gets 4 callers. I look down at KK once again. For some reason instead of just shoving the rest of my 5k or so chips in the middle, I make it 4k lol. UTG calls, and one of the limpers calls. With over 15k in the pot the flop comes down. I was all in before or after the flop I forget how it went, but I wasn't folding at any time obv.Qd Jd 3dUTG checks, and the other guy puts him all in. He says he had Kings, and folded. I flip over my Kings and the table is agasp that we had the same hand, except I have the diamond. The limper flips JJ for a set of jacks, weeeeeeeee. I didn't get there and I was out after playing 2 hands.

We went down to Taj to play a little cash. Barry and I coincidentally got seated right next to each other. Our jaws would hit the table after every hand to see how bad these people were playing. Nothing really new from your typical B&M 1-2 game. It was just an extra loose one. You really couldn't play a hand unless you got someone heads up or limp called and caught a monster. The only real hand that I made money on was this one..

There were 4 limpers ahead..lol. I look down at QQ and raise to $20. I get 2 callers and the flop comes 9s 5c 5s. It's checked to me and I make it $20 again. One guy folds, and the other calls. The turn comes Jd. He leads into me for $15 and I just shove for my remaining $106 hahahah. He calls and flips over...J7 of spades weeeeee. He bricks on the river and I double up. We left shortly after that.

Yesterday I was watching the FT of the WCOOP Event #4. It had been running since 4:30 the day BEFORE. Talk about tons of play. Anyway, I had cash going on the side when this interesting hand came up. As a background, I had a lot of hands on my opponent and how he plays. Combined with the table dynamics, of the rest of them playing extremely tight. We had been staying away from each other for the most part. He was opening a lot of pots and this time I thought I'd take advantage of him. I had a playable hand with AT. No I don't 3 bet with it often, but this time I did.

Me ($37.65)
Villain ($51.45)

Dealt (As Th)
Villain raises $.50 to $.75
I raise $2 to $2.75 from the button.

[Jc 8s 4s]

The flop comes with just a flush draw, other than that and we're ok here for a C bet. Sometimes I check behind flops like this in fear of getting c/r out of the pot. It's a good thing I did here.

Villain checks
I check

[Jc 8s 4s][Tc]

Alright so we hit a ten here. We get led into for $4.25. Well what kind of hand are we up against here. Was he opting to check/raise us on the flop with something like AQss or another hand like that, does he have a set of Jacks thinking I will just shove with an over pair here? I''m not really sure at this point, but I decide to call.

Villain bets $4.25
I call $4.25

[Jc 8s 4s][Tc][Ad]

Now the Ace comes on the river(weeeeee) giving us two pair. But is it good? I can get him to lay down QQ KK here on a big river bet now. If he has AKss im beat, but if it's off suit I'm still good. I'm worried about a set of jacks and AKss. Those are what I was putting him on. Does the river warrant a bet? I'm not sure, and this is the point of the hand I think I messed up on because most of the time I'm actually beat here.

Villain checks
I bet $6
Villain raises $38.45 to $44.45 and is all-in

Wow, now at this point I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I have to be beat here right? The problem was I had a little over half my stack in the middle. I was getting pretty good odds to call here and pick off his missed draw. And that's exactly what we do.

I call $16.65

*Showdown*
Villain shows Ts 7s (a pair of tens)
I show...the winning hand obv.

I pick up the pot and before ya know it, the verbal spew age begins from him.."OH how can you 3 bet with AT, wow why did you do that"? All I say in response is, you CALLED my 3 bet with T7 which is not only a GARBAGE hand to play oop, but one that you were dominated with, so GFY AND SMD. And that was that.

No comments: