Thursday, August 23, 2007

Movin On Up

When I was playing cash games, I just didn't play a very good MTT. I was impatient and trying to bully people out of pots. At the micro limits, you're just not going to do that. So I didn't play them at all. Now that I'm in sng mode once again, my MTT game has gotten back into shape. On Monday I fell short of a FT with a 15th place finish in a PLO tournament. On Tuesday I made the final table of a $5 6 max tournament. I broke the golden rule of micro mtt's when I tried to get cute and shove over a blind raiser with K2 which didn't work out too well when he had 22. It was for his stack and somehow the K2 didn't hold. I went out 3rd for a $147 dollar payday.



That helps the BR on Full Tilt out pretty significantly. I'm 10 bucks short of 30 buyins for the next level of Sit and Go's which is the $10 level. There really isn't that much difference between the two, but I might play 100 $5 sng's considering I'm half way there already. I just got done with another PLO tournament. I bubbled yet again in 13th. I had limped on the button with 20k behind with 9935 after 5 ...yes 5 people limped in front of me. It's an easy situation where I'm looking for a 9 or folding. I got an absolute perfect flop of 9 3 5 rainbow. I bet 5500 into the 6500 pot and got c/r all in by a guy who I had covered by about 400 chips. I insta-call and he flips KKJ3. Of course he gets there on the river with a King and I'm out.

I'll continue to play sng's and mtt's on the side, I'm smelling a big win in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your posts and would like to improve my game. Could you provide a brief outline of your strategy? Thank you