Monday, July 30, 2007

PXF Subscriber Tournament Final Table

So since I'm busto from taking my BR out to pay bills(BLAH), I haven't played in roughly 2 1/2 weeks except for the occasional MTT or SNG. Thus the reason why there has been no posting. I didn't have a reason for you to visit. Until tonight when I played in this tournament. I was cruising along playing a fundamental TAG style. That is until these two gentleman joined me.



In all actuality, they didn't really affect me at all, nor did I play any pots with them. I would have loved to, but the situation just didn't present itself. For those that don't know the 2 people I am referring to are Seat 1 and Seat 5. In Seat 1 is sheets(Eric Haber), who is a sng expert and co-trainer/owner on the site. He's just a great poker player overall and you may have seen him on this years broadcast of the USPC. In Seat 5 is BeL0WaB0Ve aka Kevin Saul who you WILL see on TV. Kevin is one of the most dominant MTT players on the net. He recently just took down the Bellagio Cup III for a little over 1.3 million. They got moved and I started turn on the boom switch.

I doubled up, tried to abuse a $4 money bubble lol, then stole some and found myself 2nd in chips when a ss shoved 4s into my Kings. That really didn't lost too long though because of the short stacks shoving and me not having hands to call them with. So I just kept playing patiently. I was re-stealing once every 2-3 orbits to slowly move my stack up. On the FT bubble, I caught a ss trying to steal with T7. I had AJ and held to move my stack up to 55k or so. There was a lot of people using the stop and go maneuver and it got hold. Usually I call with just A high in my spots. This one really beat me up though. We were 10 handed, next one out bubbles the FT and I had raised to 9k with A9. Blinds were 1500/3000, with a 150 ante. The guy had an M of under 5 so I knew he would be pushing probably with a lesser than made hand. Here he cold calls...sigh we know where this is going. With a flop of 6 8 9 and 20k in the pot he shoves for 13k more. This was an easy call and he flips over 56o. The turn brings him a lovely 6 and I am knocked down to 33k or so. I maintained my chip stack for a good 3 orbits or so and I moved to the Final Table with the same amount.



The first hand was the one in the screenshot, and it was an easy shove. That's all I really could afford to do. I was shoving in position whenever I could and was building back up very slowly. I didn't seem to really get called when I had a hand. I may have missed a spot or two to shove, but I thought I had to get through too many people at the time. The blinds went to 2k/4k 200 ante and I shoved over a maniac who would later take 3rd with AK. I flopped 4 to the flush and I was free rolling against his AK also. Lee didn't hook me and we split the blinds and antes.



I was constantly forced to shove because of the blinds and I eventually got caught running the monster 24 into Redd's AQ. Oh well. I'll shove almost any time there with all the dead money in the pot. I went out 7th for $69.30. For now, I believe I'm going to be starting the SNG grind to get the BR bigger. I played a $5 regular sng the other day and crushed it for first. The only problem was that it lasted an hour and a half. Not a good $/hr rate. Anyway, hopefully I'll have more to post about soon.

No comments: