Monday, July 02, 2007

Fun Cash Game on Saturday

Shawn, Barry, Nick and I traveled up to Pottsville, Pennsylvania this past Saturday night. Naturally going to a place in the middle of no where you get lost, as we did...twice. A simple hour or so ride, turned into a hefty 2 hours. Fortunately for us, we got to see all of the locals in action while the sun was still shining. I'm not sure we would have found the place at night. There was 8 of us playing all variations of games. Ranging from your typical No Limit Hold Em to No Limit "Jerk the Jack" with the Queen of Spades washing the hand out. As the night went on we got crazier and crazier.

No matter what I did, I kept getting fucked over in the stud variation games. I would have a flush on 5th street, and have the Qs coming on the board and declaring the hand dead. Then I would run into Shawn's never ending streak of boats or 4 of a kinds. That happened maybe 3 or 4 times. Then, while we were playing Omaha on a 6 T J 6 8 board while it was checked through, I held the AK88. No aggression at all during the hand, and hep leads out on the river for $6, I re-raise to $18 and Toth(who was first to act) flat calls and shows tens full. ALKSDJFLA;SKDL;F. Oh no, we didnt stop there. While we were playing NL towards the end of the night, I flopped a baby flush with 34s on a A 5 9 board. I get c/r for $4 more dollars from a short stacked Ernesto only to have him flip over the nuts. It was just one of those nights I guess. I was down about $19 which is ok since I was down about $60 close to the end of the night.

After a solid 8 hours of playing, in which I had been up for 24 hours straight, we headed home. We stopped at Coney Island burger at like 5 am. I really felt like we were going to get murdered in this god damn town. It just had an eerie feeling about it lol. The food was pretty gross, but what can you expect that late..or early in the day. It was a fairly uneventful ride home as we were able to find our way out of the town pretty easily. I got home around 7 am and passed out till 8pm the same night. I got up, checked my phone and saw that everyone was playing ball. I felt like shit and said...biedrins..got something to eat and crashed again at about 11:30. I slept through till about 7 am'ish this morning. I hope to get a good start on the day and want to play around 6 hours. I want to get around 25k hands in this month and see what happens. Maybe I'll have such a great day I'll post again tonight, wouldn't that be great?

No comments: