Sunday, December 10, 2006

VIP SNG with Greg Raymer

My SNG with Greg Raymer was today. I took 2nd and a nice cash of $500. Raymer obv got the victory. It was kind of anti-climatic. Greg got practically handed chips the whole tournament. I can't complain either because the same thing happened to me. It would have been fun to play Greg heads up with even stacks but the guy who placed 3rd was in autofold mode, so i decided to take the extra 200 bucks instead of buck heads and only get 300. Lets get to the sit and go.


My feelings were mixed as far as my table position. I liked that marcus85 and omfi were right next to Greg, because it looked like they were my biggest competitors according to sharkscope.com. The problem was, if i wanted to steal or play pots in position, Greg would most likely be in the pot.

The First significant hand of the SNG was between Raymer and Marcus85. I don't particularly like Marcus' play here but you can judge for yourself.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?662229

Next, this hand came up http://www.pokerhand.org/?662232 I like my play here, but I'm not sure of my bet. I made it clear that I had a hand, but i believe its too much. With an utg limper. Then 5 callers I was surprised I didn't get more resistence. The blinds can be coming in with any 2 for pot odds and can easily have 34 k3 or k4. Even 3s or 4s could be likely. After that hand it put me 2nd in chips.

Probably the biggest hand of the tournament for me was next. I was in the button with KJ, and i wanted to start hitting the blinds. The flop couldn't have been better. He very well could have had a AJ here but sometimes it just hits ya, that you have the best hand sometimes. This was one of them. http://www.pokerhand.org/?662266

After that people just kept giving Greg Chips. I don't think he lost 1 race all day. That includes when he was behing with AQ vs AK. We got 4 handed and it was SUPER tough to get chips. Neither Sugerfoot nor the other guy wanted to play a pot so i was forced to try and get chips from Greg. Considering this was the only guy that could bust me i wasnt happy. It didn't help that i wasn't getting dealt. I wouldn't mind playing small pots with him, but i couldn't even do that. This is how it looked going 4 handed. I threw a GGGGGGG-Men in the chat because they were up 10-0 at the time.

As i said before, the other 2 weren't interested in playing. So i had to get my chips from somewhere. I decided to try and make a play on Fossil, but that didn't work out too well. No one really challenged him in a hand all day. I didn't think he hit the flop at all, but apparently he did hahaha. http://www.pokerhand.org/?662321

We got heads up with him having a 13-1 chip advantage, and it was over in a good 4 hands. I thought i played well with my holdings and got a nice payday of $500. For those who have a PXF Membership here is the link http://www.pokerxfactor.com/servlet/pxf?a=mv&t=myhand2&handid=35362 Those who would like the .txt file of my hand history can leave your email in the comment and ill send it to you.

No comments: