Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just tons of hands.

I really haven't had much to post about at all. I think I've only played 3-4 MTT this month. It's been cash games to the max. 4-6 tabling 1-2 NL is where its at. I'm really surprised at how well im doing. Believe it or not, through 10k 1-2 hands im at 20.92 BB/hr. Which makes that even more remarkable is through 15k hands at .50/1 im at 6 bb/hr. That is pretty standard for that many hands, the 1-2 stats are just ridiculous.

The VIP club on stars is pretty cool. I usually was Silver Star when i made it, but I got to Gold Star in the first 2 weeks of the month. I was sick for a good week also and didnt play at all. I'm pretty confident i can get Platinum Star each month and eventually get to supernova next year sometime.

There hasn't been any cool or difficult hands that have come up lately. People play like such robots sometimes its easy to put them on a hand. Getting them off that hand is a different story.

In December the Circuit is coming to Harrah's Atlantic City. I'm thinking about going down for 4-5 Pre-Lim events, then trying to satellite into the Main Event. If anyone is going down let me know.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and with that comes the greatest high school rivalry in the Nation. I played in it, my brother played in it, my cousin played in it. And even some years later my good buddies play for Easton when i played. I can't express how much this game means to the players, community, alumni, fans, just everyone. This is the only game that matters on the schedule every year. If you go 0-11, and win this game, you had an alright season because you beat Easton.

In 2001 during my senior year when we won the State Championship at Rutgers, the feeling was unreal. I'll tell you what though, it was nothing compared to running out in front of 20-25000 fans at Lafayette on T-Day. It was the closest probably 95% of our team would get to play in a big time college football game.

The game means so much that Easton is playing 3 games in 8 days for the 2nd time in 3 years. This isn't basketball or baseball where you can play day after day. These are the 3 toughest games on their schedule each year. They dont put off the T-day game, because its tradition. Even though i went to Phillipsburg, I give Easton all the credit in the world for doing that.

This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the storied rivalry. To commemorate that, ESPN2 will be covering the game NATION WIDE. Festivities are running rampant all over the place. There is tons of news about this. Just pop in Phillipsburg vs Easton in google. Here is 1 story

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/columns/story?columnist=gola_henry&id=2670517

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and I'll depart with just 2 words.....

BEAT EASTON!



No comments: