Friday, October 20, 2006

Game 7 - Final Table

I wanted to watch Game 7 of the NLCS with the Cardinals vs Mets, so i didn't want to get into anything to enthralling. Although I still wanted to play. Pizza was on the way and we had a $1 MTT starting. I thought why not. I wasn't really expecting anything much but I still wanted to play my regular game. 4 hours later and with the Mets about to bat in the Bottom of the 9th down 3-1, we arrived here...



The play here wasnt the greatest considering the $1 entry. It was a good chance at picking spots and practicing the end game. My table position was phenomenal. I couldn't have asked for anything more. All the big stacks were to the right of me and all the small stacks were the left. The 2nd hand of the final table was a pretty good one and shows the type of play i encountered through out the night. I had raised pre flop to $10,099, and the big blind just flat called. The flop came coordinated. You definitely can't slow play these types of boards. He had 24k left behind him and i bet $19,999, essentially putting him all in. He made the call and was drawing dead here...



After that hand i couldn't really get anything going. I was up to 113k and just got blinded. I tried making a move and fell down to 60k. Blinds got up to 3k/6k and i had 9 bb's left. I pushed with A4 into a buttom limper and he called with K3 haha. He hit his king and i was out. Oh and the mets lost considering their 100 million dollar man struck out with the bases loaded hahaha.

No comments: