Saturday, August 12, 2006

Home

I flew back home from Vegas Wednesday night. It does feel good to be back at home. But i did like making tons of money while I was there. I didn't blog at all the final 2 days i was there because i never got the time. I did manage to avoid the long lines that stemmed from the terror plot stuff that was over in britain. My cousin who is coming home tomorrow unfortunately will not.

I was up a solid 4k in 13 days. Im not sure whether it was luck or I'm actually a better cash game player than i thought. I did only have 2 losing sessions in those 13 days, with the largest sum of money lost was $400. Maybe its just that considering im playin live i can get a better read on the people im playing with. Considering that is a very small sample size, im actually thinking about renting an apt out in vegas for a month or two and seeing how i do playing. 4k cash in 2 weeks isnt shabby at all. If you walk up to most people and ask them how much they make a month after taxes, ill guarantee you 60% are going to say its under 8k a month.

Another option that i have, which is probably the best one, is to try and get into UNLV. This way i can get an education and play at the same time. I was very good with actually setting a schedule when i would play out there. If i was losing, i would get up and leave. If i was winning i would stay but i wouldn't play more than 8-10 hours. That schedule went into place as i was there for a little bit. In the beginning i just wouldn't leave.

Of course i'll try to play some cash games online to see how i do there. Ill keep track of my stats via PokerOffice. I did manage to make $260 today playin 1-2 for about an hour and a half, so thats not bad at all.

No comments: