Sunday, June 11, 2006

Part 2

I pick up today with the 2nd part of a 3 part series. When i left off yesterday, i had T70 in chips very early on in a sit and go and had no shot of winning, let alone cashing. I was on a mission, and acesofclubs was a marked man. I'm going to update my stack and acesofclubs stack at the same time. He says hes not a "bad player", but i was out to prove otherwise and eliminate him.

The first hand after the loss to AQ, it should have just ended right here. In MP i get A8c and raise 40 to 70 and go all in. This is when blinds are 15/30 mind you. No one calls and i take down the pot. My stack T115: aoc(acesofclubs) T2815. A few hands later i get Kh Td. UTG makes it 90 to go and i re-raise all in for a massive 25 chips more. He flips over AK and i am dominated. This was the only time i came back to win a pot as an underdog when the board comes [3h 5c Th 4c] [6h]. Trix T245: aoc T2635.

Blinds are at 25/50 now and im still very much in danger with only 5 bb's. A little bit of retribution comes on the next hand. I pick up As Ad in MP. Our buddy aces is UTG and smooth calls. With my stack as short as it is, there's no fancy way you play aces. It's all in why? because all in is fun baby! So i raise 170 more and go all in for my remaining 220 chips. He calls and flips over pocket 8s. I believe it was stu ungar who said, "aces are only good to win a small pot, or lose a big one". Luckily this didnt happen and i flopped an ace giving me my set. If i didnt, he hit an 8 on the river to give him a set and knock me out. I double through aces and he adds "atta boy". Trix T515: aoc T2415. I go all in with As Ts and get 0 callers. Trix T640:aoc T2340. I get Ks 3s and i feel good about it, raise it up 100 to 150 and get no callers. Trix T615:aoc2340. The next hand there is a stack smaller than me with 480 chips in the bb. I make a standard 3x raise to 150 with As 7d and get 0 callers again. Trix T690:aoc T2340.

Blinds have gone up to 50/100 now. Of course it goes up on me, it's only natural. I get the juggernaut of 2c 4s in my BB. Everyone folds around to the small blind who smooth calls. I check and the flop comes Qc 7h 7c. He checks and i check behind. Turn brings a 4 and he bets 100 and I call with my 2 pair. The river brings the Ts. He bets 100 again and I raise 390 more to 490 and go all in. He folds and im back in the game, well sort of! Trix T990:aoc T2265. I pick up Jc Js in the big blind and have the intent to push if anyone raises. The short stack, yes i said short stack im still not the lowest one, raises 230 to 330 and goes all in. zeebaron to my right flat calls 280 more. I dont want to let him see a flop, so i re raise 610 more to 940 and go all in. Baron folds and short stack flips over 4s and doesnt improve, i did i turned a Jack for a boat and i took down the pot. Trix T1600:aoc T2265. The gap is closing!

I get 8h 8c in late position and raise and everyone folds. Trix T1700:aoc T2315. We lose another player and now have 7 left. aoc raised and someone came over the top and he folded. What a little girl. Blinds have increased to 75/150 now. Trix T1475:aoc T1490. Wow are we joking? The guy had a 25-1 chip lead on me and now im only 15 chips away from this idiot! I dont think i played a hand at the level and got blinded down. Blinds escalate to 100/200 and im sitting with T900 in chips and in desperation mode once again. Our buddy aces has T1115 and isnt doing that hot either. In the sb i make a push with nothing and take the bb. Trix T1100:aoc T1115. 5 chips away! We lose another player and go to 6 handed.

Blinds are getting ridiculous, im tryin to double up incredibly bad at this point. I get A8 and push all in and everyone folds. I've done it! I achieved 1 of my goals and i have more chips than aoc. Trix T1300:aoc T915. And no lie The 2nd time aces has stepped into a pot since we bucked heads he goes all in for his last 915 and gets a call. He flips over QT and baron flips over A4. Both the and the queen come and aces is gone! I achieve my 2nd goal of lasting longer than him. Then the magic phrase comes, trixter23 said, "gg aces". He left gracefully and didnt say a word.

To make a long story short, I got heads up with baron the guy who was calling all ins with Ax no matter how much. I picked up AK and we 3 bet and get it all in pre flop. I flipped over AK and he flipped over 82. I had 4k in chips so it wasnt like he HAD to call, but he flipped over 82. Of course the 2 hits and i go out in 2nd place. But after what i went through to even get to that point i felt like i was on a free roll. If anyone has been watching the new US Poker championship you have seen brian haveson come back from 475 chips to over 44k. That is an amazing feat. In part 3 ill discuss the madness of people in the $3 rebuy, but for right now i guess i can really believe in the phrase "a chip and a chair"



No comments: