Sunday, March 26, 2006

We played some home game poker last night. Had a total of 14 people, so we went 7 and 7 and played down to 4 on each table. i was chip leader pretty much the entire time i was at my first table. I didnt get many hands but when i did i was getting paid off with the maximum. I elminated barry when i hit a set of 5's on the river to beat his flopped pair of aces. I thought he was weak because he kept betting the minimum so i kept calling. He was giving me pot odds all the way through and it wasnt a big part of my stack at all. Robles and another lady were gone and we we're then down to our final 4 on the table. I had about 2.5-3 to 1 in chips then when we started.

It wasnt long before we were at the final table, where i also was the chip leader. Within the first 3 hands 2 more people were gone, which brought the number of people down to 6. The next person out was Nick. Jimmy got a hold of his chips. Then i eliminated Tom when he committed all his chips pre flop with A3 and i woke up with AJ in the bb. I then eliminated Jimmy when my Kings beat his AK. Then occured one the funniest hands i have ever seen. There was absolutely no action in the hand everyone had checked all the way through. Now on the turn the kid turned away and looked at the felt. There was 2 diamonds on the board so i pretty much thought he was on the flush draw. Well the diamond fell on the river. He checked it, knowing that he had the flush i checked as well, and there was a check behind me. So he rips off his sun glasses(yes he was wearing them marcel luske style, backwards, and yelled i hate u guys), he had made a straight flush. He couldnt have misplayed the hand any worse.

Then we got to heads up. This is when the cards totally went to shit, well for me atleast. Dude got AK and AA back to back and i obviously had folded in the action. When i would throw a big raise out there, he would call and see a flop. Immediately when the flop came he would go all in. This is such a pussy move, but hey he won so i wont question it. Eventually i threw out a raise like usual, he called, flop came, i was open ended so i pushed and yea of course, he flopped a boat. Game over. I had fun and tripled my money but the cards just werent in my favor. I'm going to play on stars today and hopefully win some money. Plus we got 2 games on to decide the final 4. That's it for now

No comments: