Thursday, April 17, 2008

$2 Donkament Win!

I've felt like my MTT game has been pretty good as of late. It's been the same old story, getting deep and losing a key race and that being that. Tonight I played pretty well and got lucky in some spots. Which you always have to do win. I got off to a real fast start jumping into the top 5 in chips pretty early. I really didn't have any trouble building my stack.

From 18 on down to the final table my setup was great. I had the 2 absolute tightest players on my left and the chip leader at the time was folding every hand so I was able to steal pretty much whenever I wanted. Towards the last couple of times before the bubble burst they either picked up hands or saw what I was doing and decided to play back and I dropped a little bit. We made it to the Final Table and found ourselves in the middle of the pack or so.



I would say about 4 hands later when I was on the button I made a pretty marginal call.

AT vs QQ

I thought I would be ahead of his range there even though it was for a lot of my stack. Plus the money didn't really make a difference to me. I wanted to accumulate so I could make a run at first. With 9 bb's I think this was an OK call. My stack was now at 62k, good for 2nd in chips at the time. 2 hands later came the big hand of the night for me which gave me a huge stack. The chip leader at the time who was a very tight player, raised utg and I had AK. We were definitely too deep for a flat out shove so I cold called. I'd be able to get away easy if I missed and be able to play a pot in position. I got a gem of a flop. He insta shoves and I probably beat him into the pot and river a flush. So now we're sitting REALLY good.

Huge Pot



A few hands later I pop it up with KQhh. Banini flat calls in the sb. I hit the flop hard(tehe) so we just give him the pile. I thought he was trying to get more money with the other shorties. If he had shoved pre I would have folded. He gets unlucky and we go to 4 handed play.



2 hands later pokrprodgy shoves and I wake up with QQ in the bb, he hits the ole Ace on the river. Which is ok considering how lucky I've gotten.

QQ vs A9

I think I made a pretty tight lay down in a hand a few orbits later. I was raising almost every hand and no one was playing back until pokrprodgy starting shoving on me. I was probably ahead on this hand, but I felt like I had real control over the table and I didn't really need to race for chips.

Tight laydown

I was rewarded the very next hand after this and got it in very good. Notice I raised and left him 1 chippy.

JJ vs TT

2 hands again after that I got it all in with skeez since he had no chips. Won that race to..obv

Another race won weeee

So we entered heads up with about a 225-110 chip lead. I was playing small pots and pretty much outplaying the guy through the first 10-15 hands or so. It was pretty much like this for a while. He started to get angry at me and was open shoving on the button and what not. I let him trap himself after a few times of that and won the tournament here. You know it wasn't a great tournament monetarily, but I think it gives me the boost I need to just get over that hump of running bad. Hopefully I can transition this into some bigger scores in the coming weeks. For those who don't know, you can click the blue links to be directed to the hand history.


No comments: