Friday, September 07, 2007

Picks for the Week

This is going to be one tough week. There are so many games that I could go either way on. I'm going to say I'm not too confident in this weeks games. I usually stay away from betting NFL games the first 2 weeks, just because you really don't know how teams are going to play. College is a little bit different since the big name schools schedule cupcakes the first couple of weeks. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this will be one of hte toughest weeks of the year.

College

1) Nebraska @ Wake Forest +7.5

Easy pick here with Nebraska. Wake's starting quarterback got hurt in the game against Boston College last week. The black shirts are going to eat up sophomore Brett Hodges

Pick: Nebraska

2) Miami @ Oklahoma -10.5

This is one of those games I was talking about earlier. I like Oklahoma here to win, but I think it's going to be a closer game than most people think. Miami's passing attack is horrific. Freeman passed for a meager 87 yards last week against Marshall. I'm going to rely on Miami's defense and running game to keep this matchup close. Sam Bradford is unproven to date, so Randy Shannon is going to need to send the house all day.

Pick: Miami

3) Alabama @ Vanderbilt +4.5

I like Bama here. If the spread was higher than 7, I think I would have went vandy. True freshman Terry Grant needs to have another great game to Roooooolllllllllll up the score for me.

Pick: Alabama

4) Rice @ Baylor -6.5

No comment.

Pick: Rice

5) NC State @ Boston College -16.5

Look for Matt Ryan to have another monster day. Ex BC coach Tom O'Brien goes back to BC for the first time since leaving the team. Think it will help? I don't.

Pick: Boston College

6) Oregon @ Michigan -6.5

Ugh. How can I pick against my Ducks here? With Dixon running the spread formation, it could drive the wolverines into fits. One of the big questions is how the fans will react coming back to the scene of the crime last week. I think they have too much to avenge and will take care of the Ducks...and their uniforms.

Pick: Michigan

7) S. Carolina @ Georgia -6.5

Quarterback Blake Mitchell comes back from suspension to start for the Ol' ball coach. It still won't be enough to overcome the bulldogs.

Pick: Georgia

8) Notre Dame @ Penn St -14.5

Points, points and more points. I don't think it could get much worse than last week for the Irish. I think Weiss, compounded his losses by switchings qb's every quarter last week. It's not going to get much easier for Clausen when he travels to Happy Valley and runs into a white out.

Pick: Penn St

9) BYU @ UCLA -7.5

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bruins

Pick: UCLA

10) Virginia Tech @ LSU -8.5

I just cant get over last week when VT only put up 17 on ECU. You would think everything that was going on they would just come out and pound it down the pirates' throats. Just like LSU did in their game against Miss St when they owned 45-0.

Pick: LSU

*Pick of the Week*

Hawaii @ Louisiana Tech +28

Colt Brennan threw up 5 td's and over 400 yards last week....in the first half

Pick: Hawaii


NFL

1) Steelers @ Browns +3.5

Charlie Frye = ......? (enter your own adjective)

Pick: Steelers

2) Titans @ Jaguars -5.5

All Vince does is win. Unfortunately he's going to have to do even more than last year now that he has NO wide receivers. Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew will take tons of pressure off David Garrard and the Jags will get the win.

Pick: Jaguars

3) Eagles @ Packers +2.5

The line should be hire in this game. I don't see how the eagles arent a bigger favorite. As much as I would love to see the Eagles lose their opener, it just isnt going to happen.

Pick: Eagles

4) Dolphins @ Redskins -3.5

This game is a tossup. Jason Campbell can be a breakout player this year, if he gets some protection and their WR's stay healthy. On the other hand the Dolphins offense has tons of question marks also. I'm gonna play it safe here and just take the points

Pick: Dolphins

5) Patriots @ Jets +5.5

This is a tough one. Patriots will get the win, but it's a divisional game and the Jets always play them tough. If I could flip flop on a game it would be this one.

Pick: Patriots

6) Falcons @ Vikings +3.5

Joey Harrington vs Tavaris Jackson

Pick: Falcons

7) Chargers @ Bears +6.5

I don't think Rex is going to be able to keep up with the scoring of San Diego

Pick: San Diego

8) Chiefs @ Texans -3

This is one of 2 BLAH games of the week. I'm going to go with the home team since Matt Schaub is a stud

Pick: Texans

9) Lions @ Raiders -2.5

The 2nd of hte BLAH games this week. I'm going to go with the defensive force of the RRRRRRRRRaiders.

Pick: Raiders

10) New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys -6.5

Cmon, do you really think I'm gonna go against my team here? In my upset special this week, the GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-Men over the boys, outright. You heard it here first.

Pick: Giants

*Pick of the Week*

Denver @ Buffalo +3

Pick: Denver

No comments: