Thursday, July 05, 2007

PLO and July 4th Winnings

I've been up early enough to play the $8.80 3k chips Pot Limit Omaha tournament. The last 2 times I've played it, I was top 10 in chips after the first break. The first time I donked off my stack. The 2nd time I got a real nice one going and we hit the bubble. I was taken back when I saw all the big stacks sit out during this period. I'm like wtf are they doing? My table was playing 3 handed half the time because of this. This guy kept playing me in position and position is like HUGE in PLO. Although I dropped down to about 10k trying to abuse the other 2 people on the bubble but they had nothin of it. I doubled back up to 8k after it burst and the next hand I had a wrap and some guy had less than me with a wrap that was 1 card better, and obv it hit. I expect a FT in that tournament soon.

On the 3rd I watched the FT of the $10k PLO tourney at the posw(backwards). Antonius is just a friggin genius. For 73 Doyle is still up there with the best of them with his analytical play. Robert Mizrachi played lights out tho to take the bracelet. European pro, Marc Goodwin seemed to know what he was doing, as he was one of the other commentators. I really can't stand the regular 2 guys.

I did play a little bit last night after the 4th of July festivities. I got paid off on pretty much all of my hands thanks to some poor play on my opponents part. I think I have been suffering from "fancy play syndrome". I know what people have and I try to make plays on them thinking they are good enough to fold. You just can't do that though. It's like playin against a bunch of Shawn's. He's calling you whether he has anything or not. Here are some of the hands and the graph from last night.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1235981 - Not the best way to play Aces.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1236005 - Not the best way to play AK either haha.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1236009 - Well, I mean you shouldn't be calling pf with J7 lol.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1236016 - Only way I really get paid on this hand.


And the graph..

No comments: