Sunday, June 10, 2007

T-Minus 2 hours 57 minutes..tick tock




Until the final episode of The Sopranos airs. Over the years I never watched the show. I have netflix and knowing the show was going off the air soon, started from the pilot and worked my way up to the current episodes. The first 2 seasons were definitely the best. The writing wasn't all that great for 3 4 and 5. This last season has been pretty uneventful until the last few episodes. Last week was the best episode of the series in my opinion. It all comes to a head tonight.

On the poker front, believe it or not I haven't played any online at all. I just havent been motivated to do so. I've been doing very well live in AC and in the home game. We're all goin down Thursday to spew some money. I did play some FPP sats to win some million seats today. I woke up uncontrollably around 9:30 and decided to give it a shot. I wanted to play a lot more aggressively then I usually do in these. I amassed a nice chip lead in the first one. We came to the bubble and I had room to work with. I could have easily sat back and waited for one of these guys to knock each other out, but thats way to easy. To this hand we go...


Seat 2: trixter23 (6340 in chips)
Seat 5: BluStarZ16 (1795 in chips)
Seat 7: DBo Fo Sho (1585 in chips)
Seat 8: slainew (3585 in chips)
Seat 9: Marton (1695 in chips)

Marton: posts small blind 200
trixter23: posts big blind 400

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to trixter23 [4c 5h]

BluStarZ16: folds
DBo Fo Sho: folds
slainew: raises 800 to 1200
Marton: folds
trixter23: raises 5115 to 6315 and is all-in
slainew: calls 2360 and is all-in

*** FLOP *** [Jh Jc 9s]

*** TURN *** [Jh Jc 9s] [Js]

*** RIVER *** [Jh Jc 9s Js] [2c]

*** SHOW DOWN ***

trixter23: shows [4c 5h] (three of a kind, Jacks)
slainew: shows [Ks Qs] (three of a kind, Jacks - King kicker)

I could be wrong, but I dont think that's a good call at all. In fact I think thats a completely horrible call. The sng gurus can run it through pokerstove or what have you and check it out for me. I picked up Aces 2 hands later and eliminated one of the shortstacks. I then played another 5400 fpp and my AQ<25.

I won my next 2700 fpp 20 man and 5400 fpp 10 man for 3 out of 4 seats on the day. $625 profit isn't bad when 25k fpps only give you $285. I'll take it. I'm sure I'll have a post up this week before AC tehn report to follow.

No comments: