Monday, April 23, 2007

Nice Session to Start the Week

I just finished up a solid 1 hour of play to kick start what I'm hoping to be is a great week. I believe I played 1 hand really bad. Small pocket pairs when my pair is an over to the board is definitely a leak of mine that I have to work on. If you remember a week or two back, I posted the guide about the AHK scripts. I think the betpot one was actually hindering my game quite a bit. I wasn't really thinking about the hand at all, instead just clicking the button to raise real quick. This was bad also for the reason that I didn't change the logs at all. So my raises weren't even 2.5x my opponent's raises. This just prices them into the hand to hit their draws. Here's a couple of hands from today so far.


http://www.pokerhand.org/?1027253 - For this level, it was just bad. Maybe if i throw out a 3rd barrel on the river at way higher stakes, I MIGHT get someone to fold. Here, it's not happening though. When he calls the raise on the flop, I think I should have been done with the hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1027265 - Pretty standard.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1027267 - Just the kind of flop I needed for this hand. And most likely one of the only ways I do get paid off here. I almost thought I was completely drawing dead here to Aces. I mean it all added up. The small raise pre flop. To the check of the flop, flat calling the turn, then huge bet on the end. Luckily, I had a note on this person that helped me out tremendously to call here. I probably fold if I didn't have it.

I'm gonna grab some lunch and play some more..


We went up to play ball last night since it was gorgeous outside. There were a ton of people up there and we could only get half court going. It didn't get dark for about an hour and a half so we played till then. Earlier in the day I went to the community center to get tokens for the lights. It's like 50 cents for a half hour of the lights staying on. So we waited till the guys at the other end left and tried the lights. Obviously, they werent going on. Coooooooooler. Everyone just left and we're going back up tonight. I'll post later on tonight after I get back.

No comments: