Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Official Start to 5k in 31 days

Before i get to the mission I want to show some more comedy that happened today. The hand that sparked the hate is here http://www.pokerhand.org/?720336 .

DEESGOTCHA said, "moron"
trixter23 said, "im sorry i wasnt the one who bet 10 dollars into a 40 dollar pot lol"
DEESGOTCHA said, "terrable call u lucky ***"
trixter23 said, "reload"
trixter23 said, "I guess you aren't supposed to call with the best hand anymore.."

He really didn't say anything after that. His play wasn't all that bad. I mean i wouldnt be open shoving 62 dollars into the pot on the turn there. I would either be making a small probing bet or checking for a free card.

Now onto the real reason we're posting today. I'm kicking off the race for 5k in 31 days. I feel like I'm playing really well right now and this would be the best time to do it. I will be posting every day with tallies on how much i won/lost, key hands, and other happenings. And please if i have any readers out there, if i miss a day get on my back about it in the comment section. Hopefully I can reach my goal and I plan on increasing it every rolling 31 days. I'm going to set a daily goal of $250. For a 31 day period that's $7750. I want to make sure I try and over achieve. Just like if someone is training to run a mile. You don't just run the mile and be done with training. You run 3 miles, so you can virtually sprint that entire mile, which would increase your time. And we go to the results for the day.

Day 1

Again like I said, I'm playing pretty well right now. I only played about 2 hours today and got in almost 1k hands. My goal is to play about 2k hands a day. All i played was cash games again. I 6-8 tabled .50/1. I didn't play any tournaments today. They could be a real boost to my goal.

Cash Games: +$371.60
I really didn't have to make any moves today at all to accumulate chips. They kind of just fell in my lap.

Tournaments: $0
Didn't want to get in anything huge today. The playoffs are on and the football season is winding down, so I want to watch all the football i can.

Overall: $371.60
I need: $4628.40
Total Earnings: $371.60

Here are some of the hands that made my day.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?720374
http://www.pokerhand.org/?720376

*This post is for Sunday, Day 2 is on Monday.

No comments: