Thursday, December 28, 2006

Final Table in AC and a Ridiculous Call

I went down to AC tuesday to play in the daily tournaments over at the Showboat. I was very excited about the new structure that they have. That changed quickly when I saw how the structure changed very quickly. You do get 10k in chips like i said before, but the blinds increase entirely too rapidly. Each level lasts 20 minutes and the structure goes like this.

50-100
100-200
200-400
400-800
600-1200
800-1600
1200-2400
1500-3000
3000-6000
5000-10000
10000-20000

I played in the 11am tourney and busted like 34th or so. The structure was completely oblivious to me at the time and i had no chips on the jump from 400-800 to 600-1200 level. I hopped in the 2pm tourney and was just going to be super aggro. I was able to chip up fairly easily. I bludgeoned the final table bubble and went to the final table with the chip lead. There was this absolute psycho lady who was pulling shit out of her ass the whole tournament. I had the luxury of sitting next to her up until this time. I didn't get any hands the entire final table, and if i didnt get walks because of my stack i would have had to push with a shitty hand. We wound up in the money and went to break before the final 5 started play. At this time blinds were 10k-20k and i had only 37k. 2nd place had only 50k, and the crazy lady had about 80 percent of the chips in play. They wanted to chop, and when i think of chop im used to stars and their chip count chops. Well I was like theres no point for me to do one because im so short stacked i would want a premium. The one guy said no we could give her 700 and we do an even chop with us for 300. That was more than 3rd place money so i was happy about that.

Overall the play/structure sucks. I'll still play it when i go down, but I could venture from that in the future. One of the guys I was playing with was Brian O'Halloran. He was in Clerks. I thought that was pretty cool.

So i had come home from dinner at my aunts house and really didn't feel like playing entirely too much. So i hopped in a $15 MTT. I had a nice stack going, with a little under 7k going into the 200/400 level. Not in comfortable position, but not in dire need either.

The following hand came up and i had As Qd on the button. The important stacks are as follows. Antes are there i just didnt feel like pasting.

Seat 1: Telecommuter (8540 in chips)
Seat 6: StickyStaX (14980 in chips)
Seat 8: trixter23 (6829 in chips)
Seat 9: cakes75 (17728 in chips)
cakes75: posts small blind 200
Telecommuter: posts big blind 400

StickyStaX: raises 550 to 950 - I see this as an extremely weak raise about 80 percent of the time, and a strong raise about 20. It was this players first hand at this table and i thought he wanted to feel it out and see what he could get away with.

trixter23: raises 1849 to 2799 - So i bump it up 3x and make it 3k to go. I really don't want a call, just hoping to take the pot down now.

Telecommuter: calls 2399 - ???????? Ok, so the big blind cold calls my 3bet. I'm thinking/hoping if he had AA/KK he repops here all in. QQ maybe he calls for pot control??? I really don't know at this point. And i forgot to add, this guy insta called my re raise.

StickyStaX: folds - Original raiser folds, now we have position.

*** FLOP *** [Kc 6h Tc] - Ok this is a decent flop for me, i can represent AK here.

Telecommuter: checks
trixter23: bets 4005 and is all-in
Telecommuter: calls 4005 - I really don't have too much room to maneuver here so i just shove. There is a little over 10k in the pot and i WANT IT. He check/calls(EXCELLENT PLAY) here. I really thought he had Queens.

*** TURN *** [Kc 6h Tc] [2s]
*** RIVER *** [Kc 6h Tc 2s] [7h]
trixter23 said, "sigh"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Telecommuter: shows [8s 8c] (a pair of Eights)
trixter23: shows [Qd As] (high card Ace)
trixter23 said, "8s"
Telecommuter collected 14983 from pot

So as you see he had 88. I know i didn't play the hand optimily, but he played it just downright awful.

I need about 1400 points for Platinum Star, for the VIP Club on stars this month. I will get it to set myself up for a nice starting run in January. I want to get supernova this year, which is very achievable.

No comments: