Thursday, November 09, 2006

More Cash Hands

As you all know, I'm a huge advocate of knowing where your money is going to come from. Although this primarily comes into play more in tournaments, there are certain people at full ring cash games that you know will pay you off once you hit a hand. In conjunction with that theory, I tend to want to get in more pots with those people and play some speculative hands in speculative spots. Knowing that if i hit, they are going to pay me off. I was playing this morning when i found one of these players. Keep in mind this is one of the huge reasons i only like to play a max of 4 tables at once in cash games. Any more than that and i cant pick up on player tendencies. When i see people playing 8-12 tables in cash games, its so funny how robotic their play is. So lets take a look at 2 hands.

Seat 4: trixter23 ($134.55 in chips)
Seat 7: Villain ($58.65 in chips)

Dealt to trixter23 [Qc Ac]
trixter23: calls $1

I'm utg here and i do NOT like playing hands OOP in cash games. Id rather limp, and call a raise.

Villain: raises $2 to $3
Villain 2: calls $2.50
trixter23: calls $2

*** FLOP *** [6c Ad 9s]
advanced: checks
trixter23: checks
leebaby8: bets $3
advanced: folds
trixter23: raises $6 to $9
leebaby8: calls $6

Lets take a look at what i did here. I chose to show maximum strength on this hand, because i want to find out where I'm at in the hand very quickly. This could get very unprofitable, very quickly. Given his flat call, I pretty much assumed he had an Ace here. I was kind of worried about an A6 or A9, but he didn't seem like the type of player who would raise in EP with that type of hand.

That leaves us with AT-AK. I cant see him having AK, cuz he would have repopped me after i check raised. AJ or AT seem more realistic at this point, but I can still see A2-A9.

*** TURN *** [6c Ad 9s] [5h]
trixter23: bets $8
leebaby8: calls $8

There is $27 dollars in the pot and I want to get to a showdown. I bet a very little amount, less than a 1/3rd of the pot to see if he would raise. When he didn't I was pretty sure I had the best hand.

*** RIVER *** [6c Ad 9s 5h] [4d]
trixter23: bets $8
Villain: calls $8

trixter23: shows [Qc Ac] (a pair of Aces)
Villain: mucks hand
trixter23 collected $57.15 from pot
Seat 7: Villain mucked [As Th]

I make the same bet on the river and he calls. He shows AT and I take down a nice little $57 dollar pot. We found our player, time to exploit him.

Our boy has reloaded to $70 now and is ready for a 2nd go.

Seat 4: trixter23 ($177.20 in chips)
Seat 7: Villain ($65.95 in chips)

trixter23: posts small blind $0.50
Big Blind: posts big blind $1

Dealt to trixter23 [9c 7c]
Villain: raises $2 to $3
trixter23: calls $2.50

Ok, so our mark makes another EP raise and I elect to play a pot with him. Cards didn't really matter, I knew if i hit with anything he was going to pay me off.

*** FLOP *** [9h Jd 7h] - Thank you lee!

trixter23: checks
Villain: bets $4
trixter23: raises $8 to $12
Villain: raises $50.95 to $62.95 and is all-in
trixter23: calls $50.95

I wasn't surprised by this push at all by him. I check raised again and he just pushes his last 62 all in. Now all we need is the bored to brick. I thought he maybe had QQ here. Other than that a Jack with a big kicker.

*** TURN *** [9h Jd 7h] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [9h Jd 7h 6d] [8h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
trixter23: shows [9c 7c] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)
Villain: mucks hand
trixter23 collected $129.90 from pot

Seat 7: Villain mucked [Jc As]


And that my fellow players, is how you exploit the weak.

No comments: