Friday, September 22, 2006

Party Final Table

I've actually been playing more steadily on party poker this week then i have at stars. Its so donkilicious over there. I entered a $5 freezeout and eventually made it to the Final Table, and in good shape for that fact.



The table was tight all around except for jwttw. He was the definity of USLAM(Ultra Super Loose Aggressive Machine). He was calling players all ins with 78 and hands like that, which was a significant portion of his stacl. I managed to stay away from him the whole time. There was 1 hand though where he mini raised and i had KQ in the bb. He would play Ax in any position on the table. I flopped a King and he rivered an ace after just flat calling my bets on the flop and the turn with no pair no draw. I lost a 1/3 my stack there. I got right back into the swing of things tho and was stealing blinds and antes left and right. Then doubled up with AA to USLAM's A9. I stayed out of trouble and just kept climbing. The problem was, party's blind structure is glitched. We got to break and Blinds were about to be 40k/8k.

It was the Final 4 and one of the guys asked to look at numbers. I said sure and went into the deal box. As soon as i saw the numbers i laughed and was like, "OK, lets get back to playing so i can raise 1/2 my stack when i have a good hand". Heres what the chop looked like.

In my opinion, the chip leader and 2nd in chips got the bad end of this deal. I took the +EV move considering the blinds. 2nd turned out to be $630. I wound up taking $544. Risking gettin sucked out on by USLAM wasnt my idea of going out in a good way. If you could comment on the chop that would be great.

No comments: