Thursday, July 13, 2006

Huge Weekend

This weekend coming up, i very well could say is the biggest tournament of my life to date. There are 150 seats being given away on PokerStars and 100 seats being given away on Full Tilt. Yes, i am talking about seats to the Main Event at the World Series of Poker. I am registered for the 150 seat on PokerStars already. If anyone wants to buy directly in, check out Pocket5's W$ Transfer promo Nat is doing. He is selling W$370 for W$330. I did that and bought directly in.



There are going to be TONS of satellite players in this event and i want to get in the mix early. I don't mean playing huge pots but playing small pots where i can see all 5 cards and really outplay these guys. Building a stack early on is so crucial in satellites. You can sit back and push people around 10x more in sats than a reg tournament. It's a dream of mine to play in the Main Event and if i can even play in the tournament, it would be something i would never forget.

Even if i dont make it into the ME, im still going to Vegas baby. My cousin is working for CardPlayer at the WSOP and has an apartment there. Basically that will be the place ill just be crashing at when i need sleep. It is very nice. I'll be out there from July 27th(1 day prior to the start of the ME) through August 9th. I rented a car while im out there because taxi's are ridiculously over priced there and hes a couple miles off the strip for the shuttles. A roundtrip taxi fare where he is, is $50. Im stayin for approx 2 weeks, and that would come to $800 minus tip for the trip. And thats only if i stay at the same place all day! So i rented a car. I lucked out because i got a Jeep Grand Cherokee - Laredo. This is awesome because i have the exact same car, but mine is fully loaded and is the Limited version. I'll be saving atleast $500 by doing it this way. I know lucko21 will be out there playing so i'll watch him play for a little bit and maybe a few others. If you're planning on being out there shoot me an email or a comment and we could possibly get together.

5 comments:

lucko said...

Shit, i should have finished reading before i commented. That is awesome you are going to be out there. We will have to meet up.

E-mail me your travel plans, we could be on the same flight. I am heading out on the 27th.

trixter23 said...

email sent.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»